Fitness is a way of life for so many people in Southern California. I tend to believe it’s due to the amazing weather and the looming thought of bathing suit season being year round. Or maybe it’s for health reasons. Either way, you have a lot of choices when it comes to fitness. Trails, hikes, cycling, running, Crossfit, yoga, pilates, Orangetheory, HIIT training, barre classes and boutique gyms offer a plethora of ways to get moving across Orange County. Both Stephanie and I enjoy a multitude of ways to workout, including HIIT, running and yoga.
How to Find the Right Fitness Center for YOU!
- Do you need access to all types of workout equipment?
- You might consider a larger chain gym such as 24-hour or LA Fitness
- Do you prefer group fitness classes?
- Several larger chain gyms, as well as more specialized gyms such as CrossFit or Train Insane Gym, offer group classes.
- Do you like working out indoors?
- If you hate being on the treadmill or confined to a stationary bike check out Meetup for groups that workout together outside!
- Consider your physical state – do you have a pre-existing injury that may require special attention? If so, you may want a one-on-one trainer to make sure you’re working out without injury.
- Many larger chain gyms offer memberships for less than $50, while some of the smaller more personal gyms can cost well over $100. Find what is best for your budget.
- Before joining ask about each facility’s childcare policy or program. Take a tour of where your child will be while you work out and also how they handle the occasional diaper change or tantrum. You’ll have a much better workout knowing that your child is safe and happy!
- Make it a fun!
- Make sure wherever you land that fitness is fun! You’re much more likely to keep it up AND make it worth your membership.
- Read a few fitness resources from the Blog
To discover everything about moving to Orange County click here!